sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New x86_64 ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New x86_64 ISO
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:28:50 -0600

George Sherwood wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 00:29:16 -0400
> Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net> wrote:
>
>> I saw ruskie propose that the only "auto" device be lo, in a
>> default /etc/network/interfaces, and that sounds the best solution.
>>

> After completing an install with the 0.10.0 iso, I think we should
> consider adding at least examples to the /etc/network/interfaces file.
> I think what would be best is to use the example network interfaces
> file that is installed with ifupdown and only un-comment lo as it is
> now in the example file.
>
> The current install has a step to edit this file, but with no examples
> if you are not familiar with the formatting this is very useless.
>
> This change needs to be made for both the normal and 64-bit iso's.
>
> I just completed an install with the test 64 bit iso and it worked
> good. It should be updated to the 0.10.0 and released.

Seriously. What's so hard about looking at `man interfaces`
or looking at /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples
It's in the install log.

I got dinged for adding examples to grub. We don't do that. Even
commented out examples.

If you want to have a file there that has commented out links to the
documentation, that's acceptable.

--
David Kowis

www.campaignforliberty.com - Freedom is popular!