sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New x86_64 ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New x86_64 ISO
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:41:54 -0600

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 00:29:16 -0400
Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net> wrote:

> I saw ruskie propose that the only "auto" device be lo, in a
> default /etc/network/interfaces, and that sounds the best solution.

After completing an install with the 0.10.0 iso, I think we should
consider adding at least examples to the /etc/network/interfaces file.
I think what would be best is to use the example network interfaces
file that is installed with ifupdown and only un-comment lo as it is
now in the example file.

The current install has a step to edit this file, but with no examples
if you are not familiar with the formatting this is very useless.

This change needs to be made for both the normal and 64-bit iso's.

I just completed an install with the test 64 bit iso and it worked
good. It should be updated to the 0.10.0 and released.

George Sherwood