sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] proxy email from flux_control about test6 iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] proxy email from flux_control about test6 iso
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:30:55 -0600

George Sherwood wrote:

>>> I disagree:
>>>
>>> `man networking`
>>>
>> 'man interfaces'
>>
>> What about commented out these lines? Still problem for you?
>>
>> #auto eth0
>> #iface eth0 inet dhcp
>>

> Let me just add to this discussion to be complete. I believe we need
> to provide an example for the interfaces file. It needs to be
> something that the SA can do during the install and if the SA is not
> familiar with the format of the file we should leave examples that are
> commented out. I don't see how this is any different from the example
> fstab that is provided now during the install.
>
> George Sherwood

As I stated in the other email[1]. I got chastised (albeit mildly) for
putting example configs in the grub file.

man interfaces

Look for the docs in the installed thing. There are examples, you just
have to work a little bit harder to find them.

[1]: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2009-February/019284.html

--
David Kowis

www.campaignforliberty.com - Freedom is popular!