sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for comments - formating in spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for comments - formating in spells
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:12:22 +0200

On 14:05:08 2008-07-22 flux <flux AT sourcemage.org> wrote:
> "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" (ruskie AT codemages.net) wrote [08.07.22
> 07:35]: > 1)
> > DETAILS file is aligned on = I propose no tabs in this file as we
> > have now:
> > SPELL=foo
> > VERSION=bar
> > SOURCE=$SPELL-VERSION
> >
> > Tabs here would mess it up
> I'm fine with this (it's what we already have anyway).
>
> > 2)
> > BUILD file when not default tends to be aligned on some conditional
> > clauses and end of line with configure and options:
> > if [[ foo == bar ]; then
> > [tab]./configure --opt1 \
> > [tab] --opt2 \
> > [tab] --opt3 &&
> > [tab]make
> > fi
> >
> > ([tab] means tab and " " space means space... so in the above lines
> > there's only one tab...)
> There is a new issue that comes up with tabs: not everyone has tabs set
> to the same width, so the formatting will be different on different
> screens (this is probably the reason for the "no tabs" policy).
> Tabspacing can be redefined in the different editors, but I have a
> feeling we will end up in a war about tabspacing... "8 is best! No 4 is
> best! You're all losers, 2! WTF, 5!" ad nauseum.

Irrelevant... since tabs won't be used for alignment... aligning will be
done with spaces... SO everything will always look the same just different
indentaions... hence why I used [tab]...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodies.
Ryle hira.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C