sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] PERFORCE change 71041 by Sergey A. Lipnevich for review

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] PERFORCE change 71041 by Sergey A. Lipnevich for review
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:16:07 -0500

(Moving this thread to sm-discuss...)

I tried to make it very clear that I want Python spells together, not that I want a specific name for this new section. I can name it any way as soon as there's consensus.

My purpose was to keep Python spells together to (1) make upgrades easier and to (2) reuse common code. Example of the first item (unimplemented) would be using Cheeseshop site to mine for version numbers, similar to PEAR and php-pear. Example of (2) is already committed (see python-libs/FUNCTIONS) and allows removing BUILD and INSTALL files from individual Python spells in most cases.

I should probably just rename it to "py" as I originally wanted, until a name everyone agrees on comes up.

Sergey.

Andrew wrote:
Im just re-iterating the discussion from sm-discuss. The way I read it,
it seemed pretty clear that things which are not python based libraries
shouldn't go in the python-libs section. Maybe im misreading or there
was some element of the discussion I misunderstood, I donno.