sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Assembling image.tar.bz2 for installation iso

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Assembling image.tar.bz2 for installation iso
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:27:33 -0500 (CDT)

On 21 Apr 2003, Dufflebunk wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 22:52, Casey Harkins wrote:
> > I tried pulling just the relevant spells into the chroot environment by
> > processing their install logs. With a few tweaks to take care of some of
> > the aliens, this worked until I tried to rebuild in the chroot. Some of
> > these spells had grown dependent on the X11 libraries (though their
> > dependency info in /var/state/sorcery/depends did not reflect this
> > dependency).
> You should probably file bugs about these, if the spells lack the
> depends info in them.

So all x apps should depend either implicitly or explicity on xfree86? If
so, I'm sure there are quite a few that should. The problems I was having
was with the editors (vim, jed) providing an optional X interface if the
libraries exist when they are built, they'll both need optional depends on
xfree86.

> > I've also discovered that our basesystem meta spell does not include all
> > of the dependencies of the sorcery scripts, isn't this its intent? If so,
> > I'll file a bug listing those that are missing. For example, basename and
> > dirname are provided by sh-utils which is not listed in the basesystem
> > depends.
> Yes, please do make a bug.

Will do.

-casey