permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Carnevale <c.s.carnevale@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:05:46 -0400

Thank you for your lead work here, Scott. This is a critically important
discussion to have at NAPC and I am eager to know what comes of it. I
unfortunately will not be able to attend, so I want to put in a few
thoughts here.

You brought up the idea that a PDC certificate does not confer the right to
teach or design, however, the agenda currently lacks a substantial section
on “what criteria are necessary to call oneself a "permaculture designer.”
You may want to add that in, and there may be other non-PDC/diploma
activities that would be worth touching on in this conversation, such as
teaching introduction to permaculture or other less informal courses,
convening permaculture community groups, hosing permaculture
convergences/conferences, etc. and perhaps setting recommendations or
guidelines for these types of activities under the authority of PINA to the
Permaculture Institute.

Thanks,

Chris Carnevale
Charleston, South Carolina