permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob Waldrop <bob@bobwaldrop.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:19:54 -0500

Some might find it to be an "issue" that there are two organizations aspiring to this certification role -- PINA and the Permaculture Institute in New Mexico.

I personally don't think that is a problem. Two is not a crowd. Neither is three.

In organic agriculture, a farmer wanting to sell certified organic produce has multiple certifying organizations that she or he can choose from.

I think that works for permaculture too.

We have a diversity of teaching lineages and thus a diversity of certifying organizations seems appropriate. With transparency of procedures, principles, and standards, people can make judgements regarding which certifying organization works for them.

Bob Waldrop
Okie City