permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 07:03:44 -0700

hi everyone
don’t forget Jude Hobbs will be presenting another vision/direction of
Permaculture Standards and Principals that she presented at IPC Cuba
wes

Jude Hobbs Cascadia Permaculture I've received your notes and wanted to share
some information about PINA. As you see in the below description of the
vision statement, organizational summary and goals ... our intention is to be
the North American Permaculture Professional Organization, which includes a
certifying body. Hopefully, within the month we will have detailed
information on the website.

PINA is an organization that is being established on the grass roots level by
people working in the field for over 20 years and are maintaining the ethics
and integrity of Permaculture Principles. As a volunteer board, this endeavor
has taken over 4 years to put together. The focus of PINA is to offer
guidance to Regional Pc HUBS to be the active participants in the process
outlined below.
During the Cuban Convergence I discussed the intention of PINA, which was
very well-received...with over 60 people in attendance. We are a very
transparent organization.

PINA Design
A. The Vision for PINA
A professional organization designed to support students and experienced
practitioners of Permaculture in North America

B. Organizational Summary
As Permaculture becomes widely recognized as the premier strategy for
transforming culture and agriculture in North America, it is time to
establish an egalitarian, peer-reviewed, professional organization for
recognition of achievement and mastery in the field. Embodying the
Permaculture ethics and principles, PINA is an association of Regional Hubs
that work together to grant diplomas, promote Permaculture design courses,
and facilitate networking among Permaculturists across the continent.

C. Goals of PINA
• To raise and maintain professional standards in Permaculture design,
teaching, and other areas of Permaculture work.
• To support Permaculture education through a certifying process that
recognizes achievement and excellence.
• To provide a structure for communication among Permaculture Design Course
(PDC) graduates.
We are planning to upload all revised drafts of the PINA documents on
February 1st: Check out:www.permaculturenorthamerica.com Thank you for your
interest