permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC (typo correction).

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC (typo correction).
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 07:19:45 -0400

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 5:10 AM, Michael Pilarski via permaculture <
permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:

> Some people do not like circles or holding hands or singing. That is
okay.
> It is their right to stand aside and not participate. I am all about
freedom. On the other hand, if
> some of us do want to stand in a circle, or hold hands, or sing songs,
that is
> our right and those who prefer not to, do not have the right to enforce
their
> preference on us.

> At NAPC we will warn people before doing any of these things so that
people can step aside.

"I am all about freedom." Apparently freedom to alienate those attendees
who have no interest in hand holding and singing in a circle
and would rather just get on with work, i.e. creating Standards for
Permaculture, by accusing them of trying to enforce their will on others.
I am sure that those people Toby mentioned will have their decision not to
attend NAPC reenforced by this unfortunate attitude.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • Re: [permaculture] Advance notes on Permaculture Standards and Principals for NAPC (typo correction)., Lawrence London, 08/18/2014