permaculture - [permaculture] North American Permaculture Convergence

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture listserve <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: permaculture international <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] North American Permaculture Convergence
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:00:28 -0700 (PDT)

North American Permaculture Convergence:
An epic opportunity!

August 29, 30, 31, 2014
Harmony Park, Clark’s Grove, Minnesota

EVERY
PERMACULTURIST IN NORTH AMERICA IS INVITED!
Old and young, Experienced and
novice.

The
NAPC is a historic moment.
It marks the cusp of a new era, the turning of the wheel, the passing of the
guard.
Be a part of this historic event.

This
is a meeting of the minds. This is a gathering of the experts.

This very first North American
Permaculture Convergence offers a special opportunity to meet up to 1,000
permaculture movers and shakers from across North America to share our
successes and strategize how to create a permaculture future. Permaculture
pioneers, authors, teachers, organizers, consultants, visionaries and farmers
getting together to talk story and build symbiotic relationships. The NAPC
offers the permaculture movement an opportunity to build a more cohesive
movement. It offers us a chance to discuss curriculum, certification,
organizations, mentoring, etc. Vast amounts of information will be exchanged
via workshops, presentations, hands-on activities, roundtables, exposition and
many other modalities.

There are a number of levels of participation:

The core group currently comprises 8 people.  Michael
Pilarski, Montana; Monica Ibacache, New York; Koreen Brennan, Florida; Bill
Busse, Minnesota; Adam Brock, Colorado; Rashid Gilanpour, California; Mario
Yanez, Florida; and Sarah Ashley Baxendell, New York.

Paid
staff/coordinators.  These are people
who take on major responsibilities for specific facets of the event. There are
22 positions at this time, some of which will be co-managed by two people.
Unfilled positions will be advertised within the next month.

Action Teams. There are currently 13 Action Teams listed on the NAPC website
which people can
now join. More teams will be created as we go along.  There is no limit on
how many people can be
involved in the Action Teams.  All of the
Action Teams will be facilitated by a staff person or core group member.

Bioregional reps and
advisors. We would like one or more people from each bioregion to do
outreach in their bioregion and give us feedback.

Work Trade. NAPC
is offering 25 full work trades and 50 half worktrades to people who need
financial help to attend.  There is now a
place on the website where people can apply for work trade.

Convergence
participants. We are anticipating 1,000 permaculturists from around North
America to attend. We are keeping admission costs low to enable wide
participation. $133 is the early bird price till June 1.  Some scholarships
will be available. There
will be tours, field trips and special trainings both before and after the
NAPC.

Please visit the NAPC website for more information.  Some areas of the
website are not functional
yet and some need tweaking.  Please bear
with us as we move forward.  There is
lots to do and we didn’t want to wait any longer to get the show on the
road.

PLEASE JOIN US!   northamericanpermaculture.org
>From friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com Tue Apr 15 12:22:48 2014
t97578832; bh=GRiz2lZJT6y+fdR+GUyi0UGUJKbGSYyJ6TkiPP4/waI=;

h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=wA7/MbMQ0d0U/geeWh/H1vueGuMIzGahb+SjRh2bcwu4KBdLA2fHVahTPJdQvlynjUsevU/XTr01XHYuKW2Y144c9xi8f9tJtyy6pXidJbuZrmuI7XdfFZshY1SHLMWbznUMt8dZLm1c2Ii9WumnGJJCtL9JOohRPJkHelnKDWwDomainKey-Signature:
a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=qEwFGYW8SYOmFdulFyM0TglkSZUXAdsm0D1MmlXo6U9WiT02QQih0mudu3n2qIVeRVTkfDk1HgjxFny4fEmOFDpXaPA8nlHJd1OXaRCXvh+j7qIZglBz3JlpRFd16eBuebk2kfbF0cYOLtujP6MQ5vlkPS0AQl9uP6WCloLTL5w=;
g8TePzC.YMBSx8Uv_P9zFsmxrPBZYf6UBpUlzqk1Wyd5XETWCWCkfxkeLwV4 -

IAoKUC5TLiBPb3BzLCBpbiBteSByZWNlbnQgZW1haWwgSSBmb3Jnb3QgdG8gbWVudGlvbiB0aHJlZSBvdGhlciB0eXBlcyBvZiBwYXJ0aWNpcGF0aW9uCmF2YWlsYWJsZS4gCsKgCk5BUEMgU3BvbnNvcnNoaXBzLiBUaGVyZSBhcmUgdmFyeWluZyBsZXZlbHMgb2Ygc3BvbnNvcnNoaXBzIGFuZCBjb3JyZXNwb25kaW5nIGJlbmVmaXRzLiAKwqAKUGVybWFjdWx0dXJlCkV4cG9zaXRpb24uIFRoZSBOQVBDIEV4cG9zaXRpb24gd2lsbCBmZWF0dXJlIGEgd2lkZQphcnJheSBvZiBwZXJtYWN1bHR1cmUgb3JnYW5pemEBMAEBAQE-