permaculture - Re: [permaculture] cooperation between permaculture teachers

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] cooperation between permaculture teachers
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:52:38 -0700

First,

I want to make it clear that i have been giving advice to an
organization that is right now putting the money down for a venue for
a national permaculture event.

Second,

Skeeter, when trying to determine which sites are the largest web
sites, probably the most accurate way of measuring without those web
sites actually sharing their traffic numbers is alexa.com. It is
flawed, but it is the closest thing we have.

So, go to alexa and feed in all of the sites and see what you come back with.

I talked with Maddy Harland this morning. The permaculture magazine
site gets 1.2 million visitors per year. So about 100,000 per
month.

permaculture.org.au: 335,044
permacultureusa.org: 1,443,614
permaculture.co.uk: 300,287
permacultureportal.com: 6,730,067
permacultureactivist.net: 478,602
friendsofthetrees.net: 5,066,941
permaculture.net 3,563,697

So it would seem that maddy is the winner in this bunch. The rest of
the sites must, therefore, get fewer than 100,000 visitors per month.

permies.com has an alexa rank of 30,059 and, in january had 794,694
visitors. This is not counting the 326,407 to richsoil.com or the
~279,000 to my youtube channel or any of the podcast stuff.