permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Who is this?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Who is this?
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:07:37 -0800

The choice of Regenerative Leadership Institute as a DBA is also confusing.
Penny Livingston runs the highly regarded Regenerative Design Institute and
her husband runs a program called the Ecology of Leadership. Several people,
some of them very knowledgeable, have assumed that RLI is run by Penny. Since
RDI is not trademarked, there is nothing illegal here, just the usual ethical
edge-riding that we've seen all along. But it's hard not to think that the
choice of a similar name was deliberate.

No one, especially someone like Penny who has worked so hard to develop a
program with integrity, likes their coat-tails ridden. I know that Penny
would appreciate getting the word out that RDI has nothing to do with RLI.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com