permaculture - Re: [permaculture] nutrition -- sprouted kamut bread

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranandDave Nokes <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] nutrition -- sprouted kamut bread
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 16:16:40 -0700

We did try some with other techniques, including using a meat grinder for a
while.
It was just a little meat grinder so there was a lot of loading to do.
This gives a chewier texture without the grains thoroughly broken down.
We paid a 100 for the food processor and it does many things, including
shredding and slicing.
We actually make all of the food we eat, and do not use much of anything at
all that is processed other than, say, some matcha tea, if you call that
processed. Oh, and things like dried this or that and maybe a powder or two
(moringa being my latest).
Thanks for the smorg of food for thought below.
Shall check in with that a little later.
Following Dave's progress in the search for camper van!
Greetings from the west coast. Lovely, calm, day without rain. Hope you're
okay out east!
Fran