permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Maintaining the standards of permaculture - important issues

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Maintaining the standards of permaculture - important issues
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 22:02:16 -0400

On 5/3/2012 8:51 PM, Felicity Wright wrote:
let's get designing and networking and community building and
gardening and find the solutions in our problems
peace flick

Felicity Wright Management Advisor Live& Learn Cambodia +855 (0) 77
319 018 skype: flick.wright

Great suggestion. Making significant change is like trying to turn a huge ship in heavy seas.

I am very interested in what others consider to be a set of standards that apply to permaculture. Having followed progress in the permaculture movement over the years and discussion in this and other lists paralleling that I have settled into a comfortable mode of seeing things through the lens of permaculture and using that view as I do my work and build my projects, especially preparing my garden space and surrounding unplanted, unmowed, untilled areas. It is amazing how natural hands-off-let-Nature-do-its work produces natural successions of plants from weeds that are real problems in food gardens to others that are easy to deal with.

LL