permaculture - [permaculture] CFL testing in progress / another rocket mass heater update

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] CFL testing in progress / another rocket mass heater update
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:11:27 -0700

This is delicious.

Today is day 15 of my light bulb tests and the first CFL died. The
packaging said it would last 12,000 hours, but it didn't even make it
to 100 hours.

http://www.permies.com/forums/posts/list/40/5761#106218

I spent a good part of yesterday doing updates to the rocket mass
heater article. And Daniel Van Tassell has been hard at work creating
a bunch of new images. Today I noticed a big bunch of new traffic to
the page - apparently in the last 24 hours about 500 people have
posted it to their facebook page. I'll be adding a few more bits and
bobs to the article throughout the day - but you might want to check
out the improved animation, the overview image that replaced my crappy
drawing, plus two images that compare a conventional wood stove to a
rocket mass heater:

http://www.richsoil.com/rocket-stove-mass-heater.jsp

I have been trying to come up to speed with linux mint. I've had a
couple of setbacks - and would really like to resolve them so I can
officially advocate linux. I'll be trying some video editing later
today.

http://www.permies.com/forums/posts/list/40/8154#105396

It is possible that my empire could utter "permaculture" to ONE
MILLION PEOPLE this month. I'm excited.

http://www.permies.com/forums/posts/list/40/1734#105679

Blog header submissions are coming in. I hope to see more before the 15th!

http://www.permies.com/forums/posts/list/11191#104692

And don't forget this t-shirt contest thing. Apparently the winning
designer gets two bucks per shirt!

http://www.permies.com/t/11618/tinkering-site/shirt-Contest

--

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination:  http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp