permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 9-day PDC???

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 9-day PDC???
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 07:47:22 -0600

I think you do exactly what you did, alert the community that this
particular course does not meet the standards for a certificate. The
Permaculture Institute does not recognize those certificates that come from
below standard courses as fulfilling the requirements for diploma
application.

After having taught hundreds of students around the world I still feel
pressed to cover all the material in the requisite 72 hours class time and
innumerable hours doing projects and presentations at night. I don't think
anyone can give the course justice in less time. Some teachers are going
back to the three week format to insure sufficient time to cover the ever
increasing materials like global warming and gmo's.

Thanks for caring enough to point this out.

My thoughts,

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute