permaculture - [permaculture] What to do with an old pool?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Tom Silliman" <tom.silliman@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] What to do with an old pool?
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 10:56:41 -0400

Hello everyone -

I have an in ground pool which I have given up on... all the standard
methods for maintaining a pool have negative effects on our land so I don't
feel it appropriate to continue. That being said I think that the potential
of having a pond or some other use for an in-ground pool is an awesome
opportunity! Therefore I put it out to the many minds of the list to see
what great ideas we can come up with!

I've thought of things like:
1. naturalizing the water to include water plants, fish, ducks
2. draining it part way and using the shallow end to store mushroom logs and
the deep end for soaking them in water

Let me know what you think!

Cheers - Tom