permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A good scythe

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Niels Corfield <mudguard@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A good scythe
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:27:03 +0100

Cut your wheat, use a grass blade, green or with seed.
If with seed you want to get an attachment that catches the cut wheat, can anyone think of its name?

But really don't till it, ay

N*

Lisa Rollens wrote:

Roxann,

Would that scythe cut wheat??? I have a bunch of ripe wheat and no way to cut it! guess I should have thought of that before I planted it! However, I planted for green manure and just had a wild hair and let it grow to see if it would produce! I can always till it back in for another green manure/grazing crop for fall.

Thanks,

Lisa, in the Mo Ozarks

----- Original Message ----- From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>