permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fallenfruit.org

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Martin Naylor <martinwnaylor@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fallenfruit.org
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:15:27 +1000 (EST)

stealing apples [oxford english dictionary] however when i was a kid in late
50' early 60's it was quite excepted by everyone, we only ate what we could
usualy siting in the tree, mate we could eat a lot, though i remember parents
asking what we got upto and telling them we went scrumping and ate like 10
apples in one tree 15 in another and on and on, they where smiling probably
at remebering themselves doing it and the quantities they ate, and still ate
tea/dinner depending on which side of the pond your on

mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net> wrote:What would be the definition of "scrumping"?
Great word but never
heard it before on this side of the pond(s).