permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Greening Earth Society

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Greening Earth Society
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:35:21 -0600

Hi Mish,

Appreciate your input.

>> The most sane policies would act immediately to stop excavating
below-ground carbon and seek alternatives--like the nearly limitless flows
of photon, kinetic (wind and surf), and other energies. And would address
from a cultural standpoint the hurry-sickness.

>> It ain't gonna happen. <<

What do you think our take should be on this? I'm inclined to jump on the
tree planting band wagon. I'd like to find some paying work rebuilding
forests and restoring degraded lands - does it matter who pays for it and
why? Yes, of course...

There's a saying to the effect, "You take the King's shilling, and you
become the King's man."

I'm already building off-grid homes and rubbing elbows with the earthsip
communities, but I'd like to balance out my work with forest building too.

Kirby