permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Greening Earth Society

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Greening Earth Society
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:49:16 -0500

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 02:58 AM, John Schinnerer wrote:

As Bateson said, the key is to hold both, together and separately, at the
same time.

Oooh ! I LOVE that ! That's it ! - On the one hand there is no doubt that the entity called corporation is beyond redemption ( heard Paul Hawken say as much and he should know) on the other hand there is no doubt that within the corporation are well intentioned people of integrity who wish to do right..... Seems like an unsolveable paradox, to me anyway.....
They do this by selective presentation of certain information, by
omission, by simplification of complex problems, by invocation of
'authorities' in specialized areas, by choice of name, etc. - common and
probably ageless forms of what we 'modern' folk call propaganda.
As Bateson said, the key is to hold both, together and separately, at the
same time.

Yes, and they do it so bloody well ( just read "Trust us We're experts")

and I will happily
thank them for that ( the gopod work they do, pay for) while continuing to express why I disagree with bothhow they frame the issues they claim to address and how they attempt to
address them.

Ditto. Seems PC enough- work with with those who want to be worked with, and keep hammering at the anomalies perpetrated by those who don't..... Seems like a good leverage because with each victory within the ranks, the logic of doing right makes their current practices seems all the more ridiculous and untenable.....
John Schinnerer, MA
-------------------------
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration
john@eco-living.net
http://eco-living.net

Best Regards,
Claude William Genest
www.greenmountainpermaculture.com

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Ben Franklin 1759

Green Mountain Permaculture: Solutions, Sustenance, Sustainability

"What Permaculturalists are doing is the most important work being done on the planet."
David Suzuki

"The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land."
Abraham Lincoln

"Clever men solve problems, wise men avoid them."
Albert Einstein