permaculture - Re: cultural myths and misery

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rex Teague" <DibbleGardens@bigfoot.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: cultural myths and misery
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:56:37 +1200

On 6 Dec 01, S.K. Harrison wrote:

> Rex, in your post that I quote below, you appear
> to be addressing someone else besides me. Exactly
> which of my comments do you believe you were
> replying to?

No you haven't quoted my post in full. My point was simple, a
rebuttal of your advocacy of the scientific/rational as the sole arbiter
of understanding.

I believe I correctly attributed the following (excerpted here from a
larger previous quote) to you and not Korzybski: "... but you need to
provide quantitative and verified data to convince those of us who
don't want to be led around by the stupid-ring in our noses." Correct
me if I was wrong?

> I suspect that the measure of your comprehension
> of my last post stands in inverse proportion to
> the amount of the Korzybski quote that you didn't
> chop.

To my original list of Schumacher's "higher faculties" I should add
charity. 8<]

Cheers... Rex