pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:34:39 -1000

Aloha,

I'm including a draft of the report. Please edit and repost if you
have changes/additions/corrections.

Thanks for doing this. Well written, clear, concise and convincing.
You would make a poor bureaucrat...
;-)

My only request is to please remove the IMO gratuitous trashing of zope/ODB from the opening.

As an update our current plans, IHMO, are to clean up the version on
dev (0.3.1) and put it onto live. Most of this work is cosmetic UI
stuff... I'm actually beginning to believe that there aren't really
very many actual bugs in 0.3.1... at least stable enough to run live.
This isn't that much work. I would say less than 20 hours or so.
This is when I would like to annouce it to the ibiblio list and let a
larger user base bang on it a bit (release early and release often)
with appropriate caveats for developmental software.

OK by me, and, I'd prefer to spend some time on the issue tracker and make it more ready for prime time use first - which would include whatever long-delayed improvements for the tracker code are on my to-do list as well as rounding out the documentation for testing and the tracker.

In order for me to actually do that in the reasonably near future (like in February for example) I need to get paid for it.
I estimate $500 or less of my time at $15/hr. to get QA/testing resources where I'd like them to be. That would probably include some stacked-function time testing 0.3.1 to generate some bugs to test tracker refinements.

So let me know if y'all support that or not so I can schedule it or not.

cheers,