pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] a few things...

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] a few things...
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:39:16 -0400

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

-Chad asked an interesting question, "Ok, thinking more about relationships
and I've come to an interesting sticky place in my thinking. My question is,
are we talking about an object that has a relationship to one or more objects
or a set of objects that have a relationship with each other or is it

With every lifform's entry in the database there is its "mirror" image,
its cultural requirements/habitat/ecological niche/environmental data.
It just seems reasonable to include all this "mirror" data (in depth and always expandable) as objects to be included when doing relationships matching.
Ex.: Object x silt loam soil well-drained, pH 6.0-6.5, high organic matter, constant medium moisture