pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] a few things...

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] a few things...
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:16:24 +0100

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

-Guess what, yalls. You'll never believe it. Yes. The rumors are true. I
switched to Firefox! Or shall I say, Bear switched me to Firefox. Which
means...I can access the issue tracker! (Which I'll be doing soon...)

Well done. And guess what you made the news:

http://www.marketingvox.com/archives/2005/07/28/firefox_downloads_top_75_million_mozilla_expands/index.php
Firefox Downloads Top 75 million, Mozilla Expands

As it marked the 75 millionth download of its Firefox browser this
week, the Mozilla Foundation said it was expanding, reports CNET.
Mozilla staff has quadrupled during the past six months, to 40
employees, and the open-source foundation's email reader,
Thunderbird, is approaching its 10 millionth download. Its browser
for small devices, Minimo, reached a milestone as a prerelease
version appeared with tabs, a bookmark manager and RSS feeds.

-Wait, there's more. So I tried switching to Thunderbird. Or shall I say,
Bear tried switching me to Thunderbird. It didn't work for some reason. Hey
Bear, considering the technical expertise we gots here - could you please
explain why it didn't work in case someone can figure it out?

Was it installing or connecting to your mail server?