pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] break...with some synthesis on the side

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] break...with some synthesis on the side
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 21:41:38 +0000

Aloha,

> To note: I play up our
use of/need for the Wiki - so let's please fill it out as much as possible before I submit this report!

I just spent some time there...put a few bones and maybe a scrap or two of flesh in place.

To wit, testing now has a separate top-level section, QA and Test, with a few lightly populated subsections (mostly the obvious and easy stuff).

Rich, you had sketched out a good start to a 'sanity check' test (in your 'testing' section under spec) so I moved that content to the new QA and Test section for Sanity Check (and edited it some).

Speaking of the wiki, are we going to have any security there at all or are we just going to leave it open to get trashed by the first wiki-spammer that notices it?
I recall some conversation about this but I don't recall what decision(s) were made.
All the changes I just made required no auth whatsoever... :-!

How's the issue tracker going, and when do you plan to invite piw list members to use it?

Well, it got some initial use and I got a tiny bit of feedback...could use more, unless y'all think it's just fine as-is, in which case I'll only improve it when I find something to improve myself...

Steph, I see you finally managed to register yourself with the tracker...congratulations!

I personally don't want a bunch of people other than our little core group using the tracker until:

1) I have some basic how-to/help docs in place
2) We have some more solid/clear specs to implement and thus test against
3) The tracker has been tested more intensively by our core group, and refined if/as necessary based on that
4) Ideally, after the tracker has been moved to ibiblio

Re 1), I will again be housesitting starting late this month and will be able to crank out some of that stuff much more easily.

Re 2), until we know more precisely what we are building and how it is supposed to work, opening testing up to others is most likely to result in a lot of static and clutter in the tracker.

Re 3), I'd rather our small group thrashed it a bit through a few minor builds to see what needs improvement/change/etc.

Re 4), JohnH has on his to-do list to see if Roundup can be moved to ibiblio.

I am mostly all better, thanks - the major portion of whatever it was only wiped me out for three or four days...the remains (occasional cough and congestion and slightly lower energy) is tapering off daily.

Spending most of my time building...have the whole floor and deck down now - time for walls and windows!

cheers,