pcplantdb - Re: Wiki: Re: [pcplantdb] break...with some synthesis on the side

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • Subject: Re: Wiki: Re: [pcplantdb] break...with some synthesis on the side
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:55:29 +0100

Bear Kaufmann wrote:
There does seem to be some posible security features
http://www.permaculture.info/wiki/index.php?n=PmWiki.Passwords

What could be posible is the pages can be organised into groups
we could have one group, say Specifications, which could only be
modified by us, and another group Public which could be modified by
everyone.

Yup. I think something along this line would be good. Should I do it?

Yes please. How about guacamole for the pass word!

Another security measure is to use the MailPosts feature
http://www.permaculture.info/wiki/index.php?n=PmWiki.MailPosts
this causes an email to be sent whenever a page has changed.

I like the idea of sending the updates to this list. It might allow us to carry on some of the conversion while keeping it archived and in order.
I'd go for it.
Any other thoughts?

JohnS does not like the idea of reading all the update,
so it might be appropriate to create another list to accept them.
One feature seems to be that all the modifications in the past 2 hours
(or past day) will be combined in one, so this would aleviate the problem of getting lots of little posts (think digest).

Lawrence are you still on list? Any chance of setting up a piw-wiki
mailing list?