pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] miscellaneous items of interest

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] miscellaneous items of interest
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:33:52 +0000

Aloha,

‡ And if so, how do we include them in the design process? Steve suggested the possibility of user testing specifically for farmers, and I think this is a great idea. Perhaps we could create a testing prototype, put a call out to market farmers, and solicit feedback specifically from them. Or Johns, would you rather keep testing general?

They can look at whatever our current "public" version is and provide feedback on how it does and does not meet their needs...same as anyone else, but from their particular perspective.

In this case it would be good to have a "user type" field of some kind in the tracker, so we have some idea from what perspective a bug or feature request is coming.
Alternately we could just ask for details on a particular request as necessary.

We could also float a simple survey asking them what plant and related information would be useful to them and how they would (like to) go about searching for it.
Get them to generate user scenarios from their perspectives, in other words.

cheers,