pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Re: [piw] Information I would like to see

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Re: [piw] Information I would like to see
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:48:08 -0800

Richard Morris wrote:

Wget is fine for most purposes. Its free, avaliable for unix systems (may already be installed). I use cygwin on my pc to give me a unix shell and run wget from there.

Googled cygwin and got:

Cygwin Information and Installation
Install Cygwin now. What Is Cygwin? Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for
Windows. ...
What Isn't Cygwin? Cygwin is not a way to run native linux apps on Windows.
www.cygwin.com/ - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

However, the site is down so I went to the Redhat site then called them on
telco -
service rep knew little about it but their site says they sell it. Will call
back tomorrow
to buy a copy.

Anyone know a working download site for cygwin. I'm anxious to install this
so I can familiarize
myself with Linux. In a week or so I will have a spare old machine for a solo
Linux install.

Market Farming Forum