pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Re: [piw] Information I would like to see

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Re: [piw] Information I would like to see
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:38:40 -0800 (PST)

We can keep them at PIW, as long as we credit the
usda. Other sites will post similar requirements, but
USDA is government run, so this is more expected.
Also, the USDA, nor anyone, has a copyright on the
scientific names of plants. Most of this is public
domain in the first place. Finally, most of this
information is likely to be a reciprocal arrangement
in the first place; if they haven't given permission,
they will likely want to provide it in exchange for
using our data.

I forgot. MSRB = Municipal Securities Reporting
Board; they finally started providing "real time"
trade information. If only they could provide all the
information (1M+ trades still read 1M+, no matter how
big the trade, the water is still muddy).

Good night.

-Sean.

http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant_profile.cgi?symbol=SYMBOL

http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant_profile.cgi?symbol=OCBA&mode=Print&photoID=ocba_001_ahp.tif