pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] EIE references

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] EIE references
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:30:15 +0100

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

hello everyone,

Apologies, but I've been super busy and still haven't gotten around to doing research on Ecosystem Information Engineering for you. However, I still plan to.

In the meantime, please read these 2 articles. I *know* you (at least Lawrence!) will find them interesting, and hopefully relevant. If you don't have Acrobat or cannot open PDF files for some reason, please let me know and give me alternatives.

onwards
*Stephanie

p.s. Industrial Ecology is something I'm considering pursuing graduate studies in, so I'd be interested in knowing what you think...
There could be good things coming out of this, there has been much debate of using alternative methods to Gross Diomestic Product (GDP)
and IE could be a way to look at those aspects from a govemental level.

From the two articles it seem like both IE and EE are rather academic diciplines, heavy on the analysis. How much they actually influance
the practical buisness of getting on with it I'm not sure. If you fancy a track in academia, government, industy or engeneering I'd say go for it. If you want to mess with the grassroot on the edge stuff (permacuture as it is now) then I'd say its relavance is limited
and their are far more important skills to learn (vacancy at pfaf for a mirical worker).

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
Email: webmaster@pfaf.org