pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] moving on IV

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] moving on IV
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:08:33 -0500

Lawrence F. London, Jr. writes:
> Chad Knepp wrote:
> > Now I'm confused.
> >
> > Richard is ok with using Zope and it's my preferred platform. Does
>
> Are you referring to Richard Morris? I'd like to hear directly from
> him that he is willing to abandon hosting and working on ibiblio in
> favor of working with you on arashi.
>
> > this mean we are using Zope and I can start?
>
> Why are you asking us this? I thouight you were going to announce
> the decision you and Rich have arrived at?

No I haven't heard from Richard Morris yet. My statement above was
based on what I remember of Richards position on Zope. I also recall
that Rich was more supportive of starting on ibiblio but the question
I was answering had nothing to do with hosting.

> I say NO to this option and if you're still trying to convince us
> that you're following consensus I will continue to block using Zope
> (or anything else) on arashi.
>
> I thought the decision as to where to host permaculture.info and
> which platform to use was to be the result of common agreement
> between you and Richard Morris. So what is yous and Richard's
> decision? If Rich decides against working on ibiblio and for
> working on arashi instead that is one option. If he decides in
> favor of ibiblio and you do also then you will have my full
> support. If you choose not to work with Rich on ibiblio then I will
> throw my full backing, including $$$, behind him for whatever he
> choses to do, PFAF or something new.

I'm going to suggest that Stephanie respond to this.

> > I upgraded my laptops memory today from 64m to 256m. It's awesome!
> > I have everything open that I would normally use in a dev environment
> > and I haven't even touched swap yet.
>
> Can you let us know:
> 1) what Rich has decided

I guess we are waiting on Rich for this.

> 2) what you have decided

A key difference between us Lawrence is that I don't *just decide*
independent of the group. I have not *made a decision*, I have stated
a preference. I am supportive of group decisions not individual ones.

> 3) what you and Rich have both agreed to work on together
> 4) if the project is to be split into two groups
>
> How about letting us know what the hosting/platform decision is
> going to be. You did say that the timeframe for your doing this was
> 36 hours, which has already elapsed.

36 hours has elapsed and I'm still here just answering emails and
wondering why I didn't choose to take the job and build the boiler
room onto the common house.

perl -e 'print pack"H*","7079674067616c617465612e6f72670a"'