pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] moving on IV

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] moving on IV
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:59:19 -0700

Lawrence, be nice! Please stop trying to split up the group. Your threats
just make us all ;(

And Chad, don't take the job at the boiler room! We need you! hg Loves you!

Or shall I say...hg Loves *us* and wants us to hang together. Ok?

(Sorry if this response is shorter and less elegant than what Chad was hoping
for - I am at work and can't spend too much time writing as articulate a
response as Chad would.)

So Lawrence, we are waiting for Rich and Chad to come to a decision together.
We are not going to rush them or threaten them, we are just going to be
patient and support them. Is that clear? yes ma'am!

good.

Also, I've been modifiying the project plan - thanks for your updates Chad and
John (you remembered!).

hasta luego
*s

Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org> wrote:

Lawrence F. London, Jr. writes:
> Chad Knepp wrote:
> > Now I'm confused.
> >
> > Richard is ok with using Zope and it's my preferred platform. Does
>
> Are you referring to Richard Morris? I'd like to hear directly from
> him that he is willing to abandon hosting and working on ibiblio in
> favor of working with you on arashi.
>
> > this mean we are using Zope and I can start?
>
> Why are you asking us this? I thouight you were going to announce
> the decision you and Rich have arrived at?

No I haven't heard from Richard Morris yet. My statement above was
based on what I remember of Richards position on Zope. I also recall
that Rich was more supportive of starting on ibiblio but the question
I was answering had nothing to do with hosting.

> I say NO to this option and if you're still trying to convince us
> that you're following consensus I will continue to block using Zope
> (or anything else) on arashi.
>
> I thought the decision as to where to host permaculture.info and
> which platform to use was to be the result of common agreement
> between you and Richard Morris. So what is yous and Richard's
> decision? If Rich decides against working on ibiblio and for
> working on arashi instead that is one option. If he decides in
> favor of ibiblio and you do also then you will have my full
> support. If you choose not to work with Rich on ibiblio then I will
> throw my full backing, including $$$, behind him for whatever he
> choses to do, PFAF or something new.

I'm going to suggest that Stephanie respond to this.

> > I upgraded my laptops memory today from 64m to 256m. It's awesome!
> > I have everything open that I would normally use in a dev environment
> > and I haven't even touched swap yet.
>
> Can you let us know:
> 1) what Rich has decided

I guess we are waiting on Rich for this.

> 2) what you have decided

A key difference between us Lawrence is that I don't *just decide*
independent of the group. I have not *made a decision*, I have stated
a preference. I am supportive of group decisions not individual ones.

> 3) what you and Rich have both agreed to work on together
> 4) if the project is to be split into two groups
>
> How about letting us know what the hosting/platform decision is
> going to be. You did say that the timeframe for your doing this was
> 36 hours, which has already elapsed.

36 hours has elapsed and I'm still here just answering emails and
wondering why I didn't choose to take the job and build the boiler
room onto the common house.

perl -e 'print pack"H*","7079674067616c617465612e6f72670a"'