pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] moving on IV

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] moving on IV
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:54:29 -0700

Chad Knepp wrote:
Now I'm confused.

Richard is ok with using Zope and it's my preferred platform. Does

Are you referring to Richard Morris? I'd like to hear directly from him that
he is willing to abandon
hosting and working on ibiblio in favor of working with you on arashi.

this mean we are using Zope and I can start?

Why are you asking us this? I thouight you were going to announce the
decision you and Rich have arrived at?

I say NO to this option and if you're still trying to convince us that you're
following consensus
I will continue to block using Zope (or anything else) on arashi.

I thought the decision as to where to host permaculture.info and which
platform to use was
to be the result of common agreement between you and Richard Morris.
So what is yous and Richard's decision? If Rich decides against working on
ibiblio and for working on arashi instead
that is one option. If he decides in favor of ibiblio and you do also then you will have my full support. If you choose not to work with Rich on ibiblio then I will throw my full backing, including $$$, behind him for whatever he choses to do, PFAF or something new.

I upgraded my laptops memory today from 64m to 256m. It's awesome!
I have everything open that I would normally use in a dev environment
and I haven't even touched swap yet.

Can you let us know:
1) what Rich has decided
2) what you have decided
3) what you and Rich have both agreed to work on together
4) if the project is to be split into two groups

How about letting us know what the hosting/platform decision is going to be.
You did say that
the timeframe for your doing this was 36 hours, which has already elapsed.