pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[18][8.29.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[18][8.29.04]
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:37:38 -0700

Thanks, Lawrence!

I was hoping you could clarify for the group how these wikis will be used -
what will we use them for? How will it/they be different from this listserv
(when to use one vs. the other)? And, for non-techies like myself, how is it
used?

Just want to be clear about intentions, so it can be an effective tool.

peace
*Stephanie

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net> wrote:

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

> p.p.s. Here’s another little anecdote that might make you smile. So
> I’ve been learning all these new acronyms from you guys, right? (BTW,
> what’s RSN?) So my boss sent out a group email recently saying “Seak I

RSN means "real soon now"

seak and ye shall find
.........meaning

> Latest tasks

> ∑ Lawrence
> 1. Create new and improved wiki, or other form of shared work webspace

I am working on this - have d/l TikiWiki and PMWiki; will try to get one or
both of them working
on ibiblio. They'll be great as a colaborative workspace for keeping up with
project activity, timelines, syntheses, ideas, Q/A, and more.

> 5. make new list of possible funders, including suggestions from
> Lawrence, Rich, and others

Get in touch with Scott about this; he already has a list for you; this
represents your best
prospects for the immediate future.