pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [re][synthesis]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [re][synthesis]
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:30:41 -0700

Chad Knepp wrote:

I think you are doing just fine. I do have some criticisms of our
group process thought, esp. in regards to making consensus decisions.
For me, the two issues are: Who all is part of the decision making
group? I think it's Steph, John, Rich, Lawrence, and myself, but what
about Paula, John Howe, and other members of the list? The other

I think others on the list should be brought into the decision-making process.
Maybe they (John Howe, Paula (who is Paula? - could she join the list?) and
others)
could introduce themselves and let us know how they want to be involved with
the project
over time.

thing is that in consensus process, when someone makes a proposal it's
an invitiation to respond. This doesn't translate well to internet
culture because when you are neutral or agree the norm is to not
respond. I've brought up the issue about what license(s) we are going
to use twice and I didn't get much of a response except from Richard.

I asked about this recently. Could someone list and define the various
licenses?
Which one(s) would be best for HG and why?

I suspect it's because people either agree or trust my judement but I

Probably.

can't be sure. Anyway, in the future I think it would be good to
point out that you NEED everyone to respond in order for a decision to
be reached.

Time for everyone to get with the program.