ocba - [ocba] Book recommendations?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Brian Fee <fee436 AT att.net>
  • To: Orange Co Beekeepers <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Book recommendations?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 03:16:41 +0000 (UTC)

Hello All,

I am considering purchasing a book for a beekeeping friend of mine.  I think he already has "the Hive and the Honeybee" and the "ABC & XYZ of Bee Culture".  Has anyone read and can recommend Dewey Caron's "Honey Bee Biology and Beekeeping"?  It looks like a wonderful book.  It's sort of expensive, though so it would be nice to know something about it before I purchase it.

Thanks,
Lanette