ocba - [ocba] Internet bee supplies?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Blair Christian <blair.christian AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Internet bee supplies?
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 15:31:27 -0400

Does anybody have any opinions about supply companies? I had a friend
in the Asheville area recommend Miller Bee Supply
http://millerbeesupply.com

I was going to build some hive bodies myself, but their prices are
quite reasonable if you use lumber prices based on home depot or
lowe's. I do like to support local companies, but there are times I
buy things online for the convenience of home delivery.... I didn't
do any pricing on frames, though. Anybody have thoughts on for a
price-conscious newbie? I have plenty of time this winter to assemble
things...

Thanks,
Blair