ocba - Re: [ocba] Internet bee supplies?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: Blair Christian <blair.christian AT gmail.com>, ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Internet bee supplies?
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 13:02:26 -0500 (CDT)

Blair,

I'm a handyman/builder so I know where the deals are on building
supplies. You know deeps are 9 5/8" or 9 3/4" tall so 1 x 10s(9
1/4") will not work for them, you need 1 x 12 lumber. My best
source is Talbert's Building Supply in Durham and Roxboro.
Unfortunately they do not stock 1 x 12 spruce, so no deeps can be
made. If you want mediums or supers then they can supply an
excellent grade of spruce 1 x 6 and 1 x 8 for a lot less than
those big box stores. You can buy 16 foot lengths which works
nicely to build 3 boxes with.

To be honest Jack Tapp's boxes are just a few dollars more than
building your own.

Cheers,
Randy Emmitt