ocba - Re: [ocba] Internet bee supplies?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Alicia Reenders <a.reenders AT gmail.com>
  • To: Blair Christian <blair.christian AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Internet bee supplies?
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:03:00 -0400

I have made my own bee boxes from Lowe's lumber and had a really hard time getting square corners and tops that line up when you try to stack them due to warping issues. I have taken a woodworking class and learned how to plane and joint lumber to get square edges, and I think this is what you might have to do. In the long run, it was cheaper to go to lowes but the product was not very useable.

I really like what I get at Brushy Mnt. I know most use that in this area. Maybe others have better building technique...I'd like to hear

-Alicia