ocba - Re: [ocba] More on the beetle trap

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: annallys Goodwin-Landher <annallys AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <birdcr AT concentric.net>, <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] More on the beetle trap
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 11:01:22 -0400

Hi

I want to mention that I used the top feeder with a screen that separates the bees from the well this year and found many more hive beetles than last.  I switched to a split feeder for the weak hive and used the bottom oil tray and it probably saved the hive.   Be sure to assess your hive determining whether the feeder contributes to the hive beelte problem by supplying a space where the beetles can go and the bees can't.

Annallys Goodwin-Landher
PO Box 2744
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
919 933-9109