nafex - Re: [nafex] NAFEX on Facebook

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] NAFEX on Facebook
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:33:22 -0400

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM, mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com> wrote:

> Curious how many folks on this mailing list are not on Facebook and
> consequently not reading the NAFEX Facebook group? The facebook group
> at this point is far more active than this list plus it has the
> advantage that folks can easily post photos. There is also an endless
> stream of growing reports and questions being posted there.

You can post post photos inline or attached to your nafex list posts. They
appear
in subscriber's feeds and in the message archives (as a file to view
separately from the message).
This list can have an interactive Google+ page, a Google group mirror and a
Google Site for alternative ways
of using the list and archived information of value.

Instead of getting a FB account so you can post pictures or videos get a
Google/Gmail one and post to a nafex-list-at-ibiblio
Google+ page which has a far better interface than FB with easily
accessable archives and galleries; possibilities for usage are endless.

I know NAFEX hosts the FB Nafex page so using it is a good thing, but there
are alternatives. They should create a G+ page for themselves and members
for long term benefits. FB is way too limited and feature poor.
.
I permanently cancelled my FB account sometime back and will never return.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com