nafex - Re: [NAFEX] goats

  • From: Amelia Hayner <abhayner@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] goats
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:41:50 -0500

that is so cool! They must have had it set pretty high, I never figured out how the equipment didn't get entrapped in the vines. I guess if the vines were grazed regularly, they would have been right flat on the ground.
oh well, I guess it seemed a good idea, at the time, importing that monster.
I know that they tried very hard, as well, to get the silk industry going in NC, but that just didn't catch on.
I grew one white mulberry, I think that's the favored type, and it grew HUGE very fast, and was a very attractive tree.
it seemed to have less fruit than the darker variety, BUT at least could be in closer proximity to the clothes line.
Amy