nafex - Re: [NAFEX] goats

  • From: Amelia Hayner <abhayner@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] goats
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 13:39:36 -0500

well, the deer know where they are safe, for sure.
I was wondering, if something similiar to keeping birds out of trees might work for deer...
lightweight fiberglass posts, set some distance out.. with fishing line tied to them, a sort of invisible fence.
would that stop them, do ya think? if they got their antlers tangled, it might spook them.
Amy

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I have watched a goat balance perfectly on it's hind legs, for  a min. or 2, and easily reach over 6' tall.

I've seen goats climb trees, and have photos to prove it. There's no limit to how high goats will go in search of food.

I haven't seen deer do that, but I wouldn't put it past them. There's no "lead poisoning" here in suburbia (which I have to admit is a good thing, since I've been mistaken for a deer and shot at in the countryside) but I'm considering other hunting methods, like throttling these deer with my bare hands.

Melissa

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----