nafex - [NAFEX] hazelnuts dropping (little OT)

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] hazelnuts dropping (little OT)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:30:44 -0700 (PDT)

This may not be fruits, but I figure some of you may have some nut trees...

My hazel had a nice crop this year, but in the last few days most all the nuts have dropped just as the nuts were getting some color on them.  We have been a little dry this year, but in no way have it been a drought nor does the tree look stressed.
The nuts that dropped (that have not been eaten) seem to be in good condition.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

Southeastern Palm and Exotic Plant Society (SPEPS)
www.SPEPS.net
California Rare Fruit Growers
www.crfg.org

My New Blog!!