nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fleshy Hawthorne

  • From: piper33@verizon.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fleshy Hawthorne
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:33:42 -0500 (CDT)

I'm in zone 8 in Seattle. I grow our native black haw. The birds also planted a red one, not sure of the species. I will be drying the haws for tea. I also had a Chinese hawthorn that survived the winters but it didn't grow much in the summer... too cold I guess.
-Mark Lee, Seattle, more blueberries ripening, grapes just starting to bloom, pie cherries turning yellow