nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cameo Apple

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cameo Apple
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 08:18:54 -0600

But isn't it great that the grocery store is now stocking a bunch of
different cultivars?

Yes, indeed! And especially so, because the tree rats don't chew up all the grocery store fruit. :-)

Even my electric fence hasn't kept the squirrels away from my apples (though they aren't able to carry them off, they still chew them up). Apparently, they've discovered a safe way in, because they REALLY don't want to climb the fence when I go out to chase them away.

But on the bright side, I imagine that my neighbors are entertained to see me chasing a squirrel around my yard, until I finally get close enough - or threatening enough - so that they'll finally climb the fence to escape. Yeah, next year I'll have to make some adjustments...

:-)

Bill

--
We've tried it John McCain's way. We've tried it George Bush's way. It hasn't worked. Deep down, Senator McCain knows that, which is why his campaign said that "if we keep talking about the economy, we're going to lose." - Sen. Barack Obama