nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple tastes

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple tastes
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 19:59:16 -0500

Best apple I've had this year was a "Golden Supreme" picked at a PYO here in
Michigan. I went out and walked the aisles, trying fruit I though was
interesting and I normally prefer reds to yellows, but something about
Golden Supreme looked good so I tried one. The rest of my bushel was Golden
Supremems.

My son loved them so much that he took a bite out of each of the ones we had
left less than a week after we had picked them. (we picked the last week of
September). Second week of Oct we went back (with a church group) and there
wasn't any Golden Supremes left unpicked (I got Mutsu this time, but not as
good) My son agrees as he hasn't taken a bite out of the Mutsu's and its
been a couple weeks now.

Scott Hills
Zone 6b Michigan

(likes em tart with some sweetness, juicy and crisp)