nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cameo Apple

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cameo Apple
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 19:44:44 -0500

On Nov 2, 2008, at 2:02 PM, William C. Garthright wrote:

Not long ago someone defined the Cameo apple as "bland" on a posting.
I just sampled my first apples from this cultivar and would like to
offer a different opinion.

The only Cameo apples I've eaten have come from the grocery store, and
yes, I thought they were bland (too much like Red Delicious for my
taste). Of course, I don't think I've bought them again after the first
bunch, so that's not much of a taste test, is it? And I wouldn't be at
all surprised if they were better right from the tree.

Me, too. I was underwhelmed by both Cameo and Pink Lady, although I thought both were attractive with good texture.

But isn't it great that the grocery store is now stocking a bunch of different cultivars?

Ginda